Tuesday, March 3, 2009

i scoot.

I kind of love driving here. I'm probably still in the honeymoon stages (see exhibit a. and b.), but I think I really like the natural water-like flow traffic has here. When I first got here, I thought it was INSANE. I was laughing in disbelief riding on the back of a motorcycle because I really couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Now, I'm seeing that's it's just a very fluid style of driving. Everyone sort of just goes at the same time and everyone is careful not to run into some else. If someone pulls out in front of you, you are ready to slow down or swerve to the side a bit. It's no big deal. No one really gets mad or road rage (at least as far as I can tell). These are just first impressions.


exhibit a. This is my scooter Elijah at Tiger Head Mountain. It was Josh's friend's scooter and has sat in the basement for 2 years without starting. Josh took it to the shop and got it running for about 60 American, and now I have a scooter. I love it. It's a 50 cc but can cruise up a curvy mountain road like nobody's business. For real, man.

exhibit b. I'm smitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment