Friday, October 8, 2010

What a week!

I cannot believe that I've finished saying goodbye to all my students. I'm a little emotional right now. It's been a whirlwind week of goodbyes, photos, cards, parties, a Phil Collins serenade, and even a field trip to McDonalds.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into coming here. I feel really lucky to have experienced teaching these wonderful students. They are all so special to me. They will have a million foreign teachers, but they will probably be my only English students. I'll definitely never forget them. Almost two years teaching most of them.

I'm so touched by the gifts and handmade cards. The cute pictures and the sweet letters. I want them to know how much it means to me. I really hope they do.

It was also pretty amazing working in each class with a Taiwanese co-teacher. I learned so much from them about so many things, especially how to teach. I think it's actually a pretty rare opportunity to learn how to teach in this style where every teaching moment, you are working with an experienced, talented teacher who can help you along. Great people and a lot of fun, too.

Here are some pictures of the week of goodbyes:





















1 comment:

  1. What wonderful photos, and such a lovely message! I'm very proud of you and your students, and your fellow teachers! Dad

    ReplyDelete