Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fun Taiwan day

Here's a picture of Selina and Ken (the picture is a screenshot from a video where they sang Happy Birthday to my mom):



I just started tutoring them on Saturdays, and they are so wonderful. Their English is really good, and today the family took me out for Japanese food and coffee. It was such a wonderful day. Selina, 8 years old, quizzed me on my Chinese vocabulary (she said I speak very well – which was an overstatement considering her English has about 3 years on my Chinese). It's really nice to get to know Taiwan through a Taiwanese family. They are so kind and welcoming.

In July, I move in with my Chinese teacher. I will speak English with her children, and she will speak Chinese to me. Hopefully that will improve my speaking, and I think it will be a really culturally rich phase in my Taiwan life. I really look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment